We are frequently asked about the passport-type photos that are submitted to USCIS in virtually all types of applications – asylum, citizenship, visas and green cards. Here are some photo tips:
- Two photos are needed
- The photos should be glossy and in color
- The background should be plain white
- The person should be looking straight into the camera
- The photo must have been taken in the previous 30 days
- USCIS likes for the photo to have 1 inche from the bottom of the chin to the top of the hair
When submitting the photos to USCIS, you should write the name and alien number of the person appearing in the photograph on the back. If you need help with submitting photos or other documents to USCIS, contact Missouri and Illinois immigration attorney Jim Hacking. We will be happy to help.