Is your case stuck in administrative process? We can help you by completing this form.

Proving a Bonified Relationship Sometimes Presents Challenges

Spread the love

While years ago, it used to take around four months to apply for an receive a visa for a foreign spouse, it now takes a considerably longer amount of time, especially given the current political climate. Now, these applications take around 12 to 14 months. It can, however, take longer or end in a denial if the evidence a couple submits does not meet the standards set by USCIS.

Proving the Validity of a Marriage

When it comes to substantiating a marriage for fiancé(e) visas, many people often wonder how much time a couple needs to be together to qualify. The answer may surprise you, it can be as little as one weekend. However, simply meeting the minimum qualifications for a visa of this nature often is not the best way to go about obtaining a visa.

Here at Hacking Immigration Law, LLC, we always want to submit the strongest case possible. We've gathered and submitted text messages, we've submitted travel receipts and hopefully, the couple has a long history together.

In many cases, couples from the Middle East or South Asia have arranged marriages. This can sometimes create issues when it comes to substantiating the validity of a relationship between two people. Regardless of how a marriage is officiated, there still needs to be some form of objective measurement that can be presented and submitted for a visa to be obtained.

How an Attorney Can Help

In cases such as these, the Hacking Immigration Law, LLC can work to obtain statements from family members. Texts and photos offer a great way to demonstrate the bond that two people share and to support its validity. Additionally, combining assets such as joint bank accounts, or any other assets which bear both spouses’ names are great ways to substantiate the seriousness of a relationship.

You May Also Like

Everything You Need to Know About H1B Premium Processing Fee Spread the love The H1B visa is a nonimmigrant visa allowing American employers to hire foreign workers in special positions for a certain period. Specialty occupations usually need a... VIEW POST
Form I-90 Filing Fee Breakdown: Renewing or Replacing Your Green Card Spread the love If you’re a lawful permanent resident (LPR) of the United States, you’re given a green card, also known as a permanent resident card. This legal document... VIEW POST
What Does “USCIS Case Status Denied” Mean? Spread the love The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) handles immigration applications in the U.S. It operates under the United States Department of Homeland Security. USCIS offers... VIEW POST

Download Free Guide 
2024 Immigrant’s Guide to 
Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know to become  
a U.S. citizen.

Download Free Guide 2022 Immigrant’s Guide to Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know
to become a U.S. citizen.

Answers Show
Live every week.