Click here to see how our firm is preparing for COVID-19

USCIS Issues Permanent Resident Cards With Incorrect Expiration Dates

Spread the love

USCIS recently informed members of AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) that the agency had issued approximately 2,500 conditional lawful permanent resident cards.  The agency is requesting that people who received the erroneous cards to return them to USCIS for a new card with the correct expiration date.

A few notes:

  • Returning the card does not affect or cancel the alien's lawful status;
  • While the alien awaits the replacement lawful permanent resident card, the agency will provide a temporary I-551 stamp in the person's passport;
  • There is no fee for the replacement green card; and,
  • The alien does NOT have to file a Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card in order to receive the replacement card.

The agency allowed aliens to return their green card either by mail or at an application support center (ASC) in their area.

You May Also Like

I-140 Processing Time: Everything You Should Know Spread the loveForm I-140, known as Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers, is essential for obtaining permanent resident status in the United States. Generally, I-140 processing time varies from case... VIEW POST
How to Do a USCIS Status Check Spread the loveImmigration processes in the United States can be lengthy. Thus, doing a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) case status check is essential to keep track of... VIEW POST
How To Do a DS-260 Application Spread the love Individuals and family members seeking a Diversity Visa, or anyone living outside the United States who plans to obtain a marriage-based green card, must complete Form... VIEW POST

Download Free Guide 
2023 Immigrant’s Guide to 
Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know to become  
a U.S. citizen.

Download Free Guide 2022 Immigrant’s Guide to Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know
to become a U.S. citizen.

Answers Show
Live every week.