Is your case stuck in administrative process for years? We can help you by completing this form

Will Case Go Faster If I Do a Good Job?

Spread the love

"Will my case go faster if I send in a lot of evidence?" Hi, I'm Jim Hacking immigration lawyer, practicing law throughout the United States out of our offices in St. Louis, San Diego, and Washington, DC. One of our YouTube commenters has a I-751 that he's getting ready to send off to USCIS. He wondered "If I send them lots of good evidence, will that make my case go faster?" I think specifically what he was asking was will that mean that he doesn't have an interview. Now, some cases have to have an interview. If you're applying for citizenship, you have to have an interview. If you're applying for a Green Card, you're most likely going to have to have an interview. In the old days, you could have received your Green Card without an interview, if you were applying on asylum basis or on a work basis. Right now, it seems that for most Green Card cases, you do have to have an interview, even though in some cases that were not.

Then of course, in the 751 context, historically, we've had many tenured Green Cards approved without an interview. We've also seen that continue even through today, but there are some cases in which they call you in for an interview. So this question is related to the 751 is important, but the theme is important overall. So let's talk about the 751, and then I'll tell you how this applies in the broader immigration context. So with an I-751, you're trying to convince the U.S. Government that your original marriage, that the marriage that served as the basis for your Green Card, your two-year Green Card is still ongoing. So we've submitted tons and tons of evidence in support of I-751s that we've seen people submit very little. Guess which ones get the interview? Well, for the most part, the ones that submit very little evidence are the ones that get the interview.

You can definitely avoid an interview by submitting lots of good evidence. In the I-751 context, if you overwhelm them with evidence that the marriage is still ongoing, such that they don't have any concerns, they'll just approve that 10-year Green Card. It doesn't go as quickly as it used to, but they will approve it without an interview. Generally, submitting lots of evidence in support of your application and including preparing your forms properly, if you prepare your forms properly and if you submit lots of documents, I do think that it'll make your case go faster. When they get things in a disorganized fashion, when things are messy, when the pieces of paper are sort of crumpled up, when it just doesn't look like much forethought or attention to detail has been placed on this packet, then we do think that slows down the packet.

So overall, in answer to the gentleman's question, yes, putting the other a strong case, submitting lots of evidence will make your case go faster. Then certainly in I-751 context, you could avoid an interview altogether, if you submit enough evidence and show that you are still married to the person that sponsored you for your original two year Green Card. Hope this helps. If you have any questions about the I-751 process or about submitting a strong immigration case, give us a call 314-961-8200. You can email us at [email protected]. Be sure to join us in our Facebook group, which is called Immigrant Home. If you liked this video, we ask that you please share it out on social, that you subscribe to our YouTube channel, and that you joined us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon central, where we answer as many of your immigration law related questions as possible. Thanks a lot and have a great day.

You May Also Like

How Long Does It Take for the NVC to Schedule Your Visa Interview? Spread the love The National Visa Center (NVC) is the administrative wing of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs, handling the paperwork for immigrant visa applications. ... VIEW POST
Everything You Need to Know About NVC Expedite Timeline Spread the love If you’re applying for an immigrant visa, you will certainly encounter the National Visa Center (NVC), which is a part of the U.S. Department of State's... VIEW POST
The NVC Fee Structure: How Much to Expedite Your Case? Spread the love If you're seeking a green card through consular processing from abroad, you will likely become well-acquainted with the acronym "NVC" and the NVC processing fee. The... VIEW POST

Download Free Guide 
2023 Immigrant’s Guide to 
Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know to become  
a U.S. citizen.

Download Free Guide 2022 Immigrant’s Guide to Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know
to become a U.S. citizen.

Answers Show
Live every week.