There are various visas that immigrants could apply for to legally work and live in the United States. Which one they pursue depends on their long-term goals and employment eligibility. Employees who wish to reside permanently in the United States may be eligible to obtain a permanent or non-temporary employment-based visa. A St. Louis non-temporary employment visas lawyer could answer all of your legal questions and help you obtain the visa that you need based upon your unique circumstances. Additionally, our experienced employment immigration attorneys could work hard to address any legal challenges that may arise.

Priority Workers

Some foreign workers are given priority when it comes to permanent work visas. These visas are called EB-1 visas. For a foreign worker to qualify for an EB-1 visa, they must demonstrate extraordinary abilities, be outstanding researchers or professors, or work as international managers or executives.

Individuals possessing these extraordinary abilities must possess them in science, education, business, athletics, or the arts. They must have also obtained national or international attention for their skills and achievements. A Nobel Prize recipient, for example, may be eligible for an EB-1 visa. Outstanding professors and researchers must have achieved international recognition in their field or have at least three years of experience researching or teaching in their selected field.

International executives and managers must have received an employment offer from a United States business organization which is the subsidiary, parent, joint venture, affiliate, or branch of the international business organization for whom they work. An attorney in St. Louis could help someone determine if they are eligible for this type of non-temporary employment visa.

Persons with Exceptional Abilities and Professionals with Advanced Degrees

These individuals have second priority and may be eligible to obtain an EB-2 visa. These visas are generally reserved for those individuals who have at least ten years of experience in business, scientific, or art fields, along with professional organization memberships and professional certifications and licenses.

Advanced-degree professionals eligible for an EB-2 visa include international professionals who hold a degree above the bachelor’s level along with five years of experience practicing their specialty. Moreover, the prospective employer must be able to show that the advertised position actually requires a worker who possesses an advanced degree. A lawyer in St. Louis could help someone apply for this type of non-temporary employment visa.

Other Categories of Non-Temporary Employment Visas

Foreign nationals may also be eligible to obtain one of the following visas:

  • Professional, Skilled, and “Other Worker” visas (EB-3) which is a catch-all category for foreign nationals who do not fit into other categories
  • Special immigrant visas (EB-4) which are typically reserved for immigrant religious workers and certain medical doctors, as well as certain employees of the United States armed forces
  • Immigrant investors (EB-5) which allows individuals who make a capital investment in a new United States commercial enterprise to become permanent residents

Depending on the situation, a lawyer in St. Louis could help someone determine what type of non-temporary employment visa may work best in their case.

Work with a St. Louis Non-Temporary Employment Visas Attorney Today

The laws surrounding green cards and visas can be difficult to follow and comprehend. Fortunately, a St. Louis non-temporary employment visas lawyer could discuss your unique immigration circumstances and help you choose the most appropriate option in your case. For more information about the specifics of your case, call today.