Is your case stuck in administrative process for years? We can help you by completing this form

If I am filing an I-130 as a U.S. citizen to bring my spouse to the U.S., do I have to file separate I-130s (and pay a separate filing fee) for our minor foreign-born children?

The answer is yes. A separate I-130 must be filed for your spouse and for each foreign-born minor child. The only exception would be is if your foreign-born child is actually a U.S. citizen by operation of law. Those scenarios are complicated and infrequent. The general rule of thumb, therefore, is that a separate I-130 should be filed with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service for each child.

You May Also Like

Comparing Processing Times: K1 Visa vs. Spousal Visa Spread the love "Is K1 visa faster than spouse visa?" This is the question you usually encounter when bringing your foreign spouse to the United States. While both pathways... VIEW POST
Speeding Up The Spouse Visa Process: Tips For A Faster Application Spread the love Picture this: You have found love across borders, and now you want to bring your foreign spouse to the United States to start a new life... VIEW POST
How Long Does It Take for the NVC to Schedule Your Visa Interview? Spread the love The National Visa Center (NVC) is the administrative wing of the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs, handling the paperwork for immigrant visa applications. ... VIEW POST

Download Free Guide 
2023 Immigrant’s Guide to 
Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know to become  
a U.S. citizen.

Download Free Guide 2022 Immigrant’s Guide to Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know
to become a U.S. citizen.

Answers Show
Live every week.