Washington, DC Temporary Employment Visa Lawyer

Although some immigrants choose to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis, many others travel to the U.S. for seasonal or temporary work. If you want to pursue a nonpermanent job opportunity and already have an offer in place, you could apply for a nonpermanent employment visa that would allow you lawful entry for a limited time into the United States.

Acquiring one of these visas could be immensely complicated without guidance from Hacking Immigration Law, LLC, especially if you are not sure which of the many permit categories you qualify for. A knowledgeable Washington DC temporary employment visa lawyer could help you get the work permission you need to further your career.

Choosing the Right Nonimmigrant Worker Classification

The first step to applying for a temporary employment visa is determining which nonimmigrant worker classification you fall into, a process which could be more complicated than it might sound. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recognizes more than 20 different visa classifications for temporary workers hailing from foreign countries, some of which are available only in limited quantities each year.

The most common visa categories for temporary nonimmigrant workers are H-2A and H-2B. These categories respectively are meant for nonpermanent or seasonal workers intending to perform agricultural work, and temporary workers who will work in other industries. Still, these are far from the only categories into which someone might fall if they need nonpermanent entry into the United States for some type of work.

Individuals with extraordinary abilities in specialized fields and those working on film or television productions need O-1 visas, foreign press and media representatives would need I visas, and performers and entertainers generally need a P visa. Guidance from a Washington DC temporary employment permit attorney could be crucial to figuring out the best approach for a particular set of circumstances.

Completing the Temporary Worker Visa Application Process

Most prospective nonimmigrant workers will need their intended employer to submit Form I-129 on their behalf, receive a Form I-797 following the approval of the Form I-129, and forward a copy of the Form I-797 to the worker before they may apply for a visa. Following this, the prospective permit recipient must file Form DS-160 and upload a current photograph of themselves to formally begin the application process for their temporary employment visa.

With exceptions for individuals under 13 years old, over 80, or seeking a renewal of their current visa, most applicants for nonimmigrant worker permits must complete an interview at the nearest U.S. Consulate or Embassy. The Bureau of Consular Affairs within the U.S. Department of State provides an online tool for estimating processing times regarding temporary employment permits in various Consulates and Embassies. A Washington DC lawyer could provide further guidance before and during the temporary employment visa application process.

A Washington DC Temporary Employment Visa Attorney Could Help

Temporary work permits could be difficult to apply for and even more challenging to obtain without proper documentation and a clear understanding of how the application process works. Help is available from the caring legal professionals at Hacking Immigration Law, LLC.

Working with a Washington, DC temporary employment visa lawyer could greatly simplify your experience when it comes to getting permission to perform short-term work in the United States. Get in touch with our experienced legal team today to learn more.