Is your case stuck in administrative process for years? We can help you by completing this form

Benefits of a St Louis Asylum Lawyer

Spread the love

There is no quota or legal limit on a number of people who can apply for asylum. There has definitely been a tightening of the rules, although there is no law that says there is cap on a number of people who can get asylum in the United States in any given year. Recently, authorities have taken away classes of people that were protected, made the rules a lot harder, and put tremendous pressure on immigration judges to deny more asylum cases. They even pushed back on asylum officers themselves.

One of the benefits of a St Louis asylum lawyer is we understand how to put together an effective asylum application. The hardworking asylum attorneys at Hacking Immigration Law, LLC understand how important asylum is to you and your family, and we know how difficult it can be to manage your own case. Our firm could guide you through the entire application process to maximize your chance at approval.

Differences in Asylum Approval Rates

The biggest differential in immigration court when it comes to asylum is the location. Some courts are very friendly to immigrants, and some are harsher on immigrants. One of the biggest factors on whether or not someone is approved for asylum is where the person files and where they live. Some judges in Atlanta have a 2% or 3% approval rate, but there are other judges in New York or San Francisco that might have an approval rate of around 80%. Across the country, about 45% of affirmative asylum cases get approved. Once the other 55% get denied, they get into immigration court where about 40% to 45% of those cases get approved.

Advice for Asylum Applicants

Anyone seeking asylum should ask for legal help. There are some immigration cases that an immigrant should be able to file on their own, such as an extension or change of status, but something as complex as an asylum application requires the involvement of an immigration lawyer who knows what they are doing. There are just too many factors involved, and there are too many things that an immigrant would not know about the process. They really would benefit from at least talking to an immigration lawyer about the process and their case.

Our firm would spend a lot of time with the applicant:

  • Preparing their statements and forms
  • Getting them ready for the interview
  • Attending the interview with them
  • Dealing with whatever comes up at the interview

These benefits of a St Louis asylum lawyer are invaluable when considering something as important as someone’s ability to stay in the United States. Asylum applicants want to do everything they can because they only get one chance. They get one chance to make their case with an asylum officer and one with the immigration judge, so if they do not do things right at the beginning, it can really cost them down the line.

The Benefits of a St Louis Immigration Attorney

There are several ways working with the qualified immigration lawyer can help a person. One is fact development. A huge problem with asylum cases is that they do not really put in a lot of details, so one of the things that a lawyer is good at is having clients tell their whole life story and explain things in a way that the officer is used to receiving it. They want to make sure that the officer gets a complete file, gets the forms submitted correctly, and shows that there is attention to detail. If English is not the applicant's primary language and the law is not their profession, it can be really hard to put together a strong asylum case without the help of a lawyer.

If you are seeking asylum in St Louis, you should reach out to an immigration attorney at Hacking Immigration Law, LLC as soon as possible. Because the outcome of your case could affect the rest of your life, you should not risk applying without the benefits of a St Louis asylum lawyer.

Download Free Guide 
2023 Immigrant’s Guide to 
Becoming a U.S. Citizen

This guide contains all you need to know to become  
a U.S. citizen.